3rd Plague Marine Squad – All About Experimentation – 1st Model – Wash in and air brush – 1st attempt at layering

For my 3rd squad of plague marines – I decided I would try and do something a little different with each model. For the most part I paint tabletop quality miniatures – and I’m also not really that great at that.

I do want to continue to improve though so with this project I want to try and do something a little different with each model.

For this model – I tried two new things.
1. I tried to layer up the high parts of the cloth on his tabard to a brighter green at the high points.

2. I used my airbrush to apply a wash at the end – I was curious as to how that would affect the model. He does look quite different from my other plague marines. It’s a cool effect, but after seeing it in action – I think it’s more useful on bigger models like vehicles or terrain pieces.

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s